Saturday, February 20, 2010

3 affirmations about my writing:

This assignment was really interesting and helpful to me on a deep level. It not only allowed me to get to know one of my classmates personally, but also made me feel less vulnerable and alone in our classroom and in this program. I feel that my confidence was boosted and that it helped me figure out what I have to do in order to write what I need to write and rid my mind and my writing of my crippling fears and concerns that have been setting me back from achieving my dreams and accomplishing my goals.

1) I need to remember to believe in myself, open my heart and mind to my inner being, throw caution to the wind, and go for it! I need to remember that doing this will not be easy and that it is a process, but that it is a process that will work.

2) I need to remember that true writing is all about risk-taking and believing in myself and that despite how painful and vulnerable being a writer can be, I must remember that the beneficial aspects of going for it and getting my feet wet can be astounding and freeing for my writing and me as an individual as well.

3) I have to trust myself and really listen to the inner voice and impulses that I have, including my intuition. I also have to remember that I cannot choose what I write, but I have to let what I write about choose me. I have to remember that art can never be forced and I cannot try to control it. It is not easy to do at first, but it can be done nevertheless.

1 comment: