Monday, February 8, 2010

Quotes and Thoughts

Hi all,

I'm a little nervous about posting this, because you all can read these blogs yourselves, but I've been reading all your posts and pulling quotes (apparently quotes are my new thing these days...) and I feel kind of compelled to put these out for everyone.

Or maybe they're just moving me and it's late so I'm getting sappy... but here they are with my original thoughts to them:

“It is often the quiet people who have something profound to say (having had all that observation time to think it up), and I happen to think it is rude to keep that profundity to oneself." - 2 things. 1 damn good point. (worthy of swearing in fact). 2 "I happen to think it is rude..." absolutely hilarious and heartwarming and wonderful.

“This is one area in which I think workshops have valuable potential, exposing the subconscious flurries of a writer to herself, showing themes she may not have consciously mandated, revealing beckoning threads.” - Completely agree.

“I feel like the space in between opinions is where solutions are found.”
- 1. Poetic. 2. A gentle thought wave washed over my mind as I read it which means I’ll be thinking on that line subconsciously for awhile.

“After our discussion last week, I began to think that two sets of comments should be given in workshop, one as reader, and one from a writer's perspective. To define the hat from under which one is speaking would help to frame the comments, making them more effective.” – Very interesting idea.

“…because there is merit in silence. There is merit in just listening, in just approving and being receptive.” - Just speak it.

1 comment: