Sunday, February 21, 2010

Affirmations

My classmate’s letter of hope bolsters my confidence about writing. Three things I wheeled away with:

1. I must appreciate my sensitivity: listening to my surroundings will open my mind’s eye to see that I must not ignore what I hear: the beauty of the natural stunning sounds of forests, parks, ocean waves, or any other place like Mills, voices of people, automobiles . . .has the power to transform lively on a page, which gives my reader a sense of joy, with their eyes wide open and a big smile. I must appreciate the gift of hearing.

2. I must appreciate who I am. I must set my books aside, take a break, look beyond the window in my room: because I am not made of metal. I must remind myself that every time I write and must tap a big piece of paper on the wall that says: “You Deserve A Break!”

3. I must compliment myself on the quality of my experimental craft and must believe that producing a good piece takes time, just like everything else that takes times to cultivate.

1 comment:

  1. complimenting yourself on the quality of your experience is wonderful. that makes you not product centered but engaged fully. love that,
    e

    ReplyDelete